Saturday, May 14, 2011

Post appointment in points

- I have to report to hospital at 6:30am (scheduled to be on the operating table at 7:30am)

- I live an hour north (not including peak hour) so would have to leave home at 5:30am at the absolute latest to get there on time (and even that might be cutting it fine)

- I have to ring and book myself in for the hospital & they 'may' require me to be there at 6am (my gawd it's getting worse)

- I don't have to do the bowel prep drink (yay)

- I have to perform an enema instead (holy shit... um... well literally?)

- My DH has flatly refused to help with the enema :O

- Dr expects it will be more than likely 2.5 hours for the operation

- I will be staying in hospital for 2 nights

- I have been given a booklet / forms for a day surgery (WTF? damn it)

- I need to have a blood test prior to surgery to rule out pregnancy (ha.... as if)

- I am quietly shitting myself

- There is NO guarantee that my endo pain will ease

- nor the pain during sex

- IF he opens me up and finds the nodule has encroached on the bowel, I will be sewn back up and booked in for ANOTHER operation at a later date with bowel surgeons on hand

- There is a possibility of having issues PEEING post op and would need to do a self catheter - oh dear!

- My hoo-haa will (apparently) heal quite well

- Future pregnancies should have no impact from this operation, even though he is cutting into the back of the cervix

- my referral to this doctor runs out 2 days prior to the operation (WTF? I need to see GP... more dollars... to get a new one)

- I am a bit nervous and feeling somewhat anxious

- The pictures on the enema box are quite details and have stuck in my head... get out of my head!!!

- I will be put on the contraceptive pill post operation to stop the regrowth and will have a follow up appointment in 12 months to monitor possible regrowth.

- Unless of course I want a baby

- In which case we should have sex... umm that hasn't happened to date in 2.5 years why would it happen now?

- he seemed surprised that we hadn't had a pregnancy in all that time

- Anyhow that is still a moot point in this household, so we won't go there... wish it were easy.

- I bought myself a travel pack of shampoos and deoderant today - for hospital of course!

- I also bought some cute bedsocks!

- I paid FULL price for the operation yesterday (including the 2nd assistant fees)

- I cannot claim anything back from medicare / MBF until AFTER the operation is performed

- It was over $5,000 :O

- Thank god for large credit card limits & a hefty redraw on our home loan

- I bought a crafty magazine for $9.95 (my husband told me we are supposed to be saving money)

- I told him that after spending $5,000 on something I don't want to do.... $10 on something I like is a mere walk in the park ;)

- I STILL haven't claimed medicare / MBF on my first operation back in January

- I am eating a huge daily dose of vegetables and juicing fresh fruit so my bowels are working spot on prior to the evil enema

- I need to call the anaethetist to get his fees (oh yay!)   

- My best friend offered to let me stay at her house the night prior to the operation (she lives a little closer)

- I declined as she has one toilet and I don't want to be hogging it most of the night ;)

- I have 4.5 series of Charmed to watch post op when I return home

- I am not really looking forward to it, but will be pleased when it's over

- I raised the point of a future hysterectomy should this blasted disease come back in 5 years again. He didn't say no. I figure I will be 40 by then, so better out than in.

- I fucking hate endometriosis

- I'm starting to think that more babies is not worth this much effort

- but the pang remains



No comments: