Thursday, June 23, 2011

Write On Wednesday #3 - I remember...

write on wednesday


Write on Wednesday...

My apologies for being a day late this week... Although I did complete this exercise on Tuesday night, I wasn't 100% happy with it & wanted to try it again yesterday. Unfortunately my mind was whirring too much to contemplate it & I had a toddler who decided sleep was for babies... you get the picture? I'm submitting my second attempt (that didn't get finished, five minutes is so little time!) as my first attempt I sort of forgot to set the timer - whoops!

The Write On Wednesdays Rules: First of all, I am not a big fan of rules. Feel free to get creative with the writing exercises - there is no right or wrong. But please do try to visit the other members of Write On Wednesdays. You can grab the button for Write On Wednesdays if you fancy doing so.

Write On Wednesdays Exercise 3 - I remember: Write "I remember" a the top of your page. Set a timer for 5 minutes. Use "I remember" as your prompt and write down the first words that come into your head for 5 minutes. Stop when the buzzer rings! Do this exercise over and over if you wish. I will try to do it every morning this week. I'll let you know how I go...I am hoping that the thought of having to tell you all about my progress will be the motivation I need to keep at it!   


I remember…

First time around was difficult for us. At the pointy end of this wretched journey. The part where we had just about had enough, I was on a failed cycle of Clomid. It was our first foray into the world of Assisted conception and I had grand ideas. I had a newly formed online group of girls, all of us in similar positions and we all heard the stories of people waiting to have treatment and falling pregnant just prior. We waited. One by one, we started dropping off. One awaiting her first cycle. One just prior. Me, well we jumped in with both feet. Expecting good things to happen and then just 10 days into the cycle. It was all over. I came home in tears. I cried most of the day and for the first time ever took the full day off work, claiming a mental rest day. I needed time out. Lucky I had a pretty understanding boss (at the time)

I never expected the path to having a baby and the road of Assisted conception to be all roses. I also didn’t expect that 10 days in, I would be hearing the words of my FS saying to me that it wouldn’t happen this month, go home as I don’t want to waste your money and come back next month we will try something different.

I went home. I cried. I was so very sad. We did the deed once that month.

Two weeks later we were driving to my home town as my pop had just passed away and we had a deep and meaningful on the way. It was decided that it was all too much. Between life, my pop passing away, the failed cycle and both of trying to balance work and careers it was all too much. We had been on this path for 2.5 years (same time as we are now) and we decided that we would take some time out. It was a joint, mutual decision in that we couldn’t hack much more of what was being thrown our way….
Two days later I was pregnant. The circle of life; a Miracle; Amazing…   

Interesting to note: 365 words in 5 minutes (I stopped writing as the timer went off... ok I lie, I added that last sentence to give it a little finish) that means trying not to think while I wrote this piece I can type 73 words a minute. I wonder how much better I would go if I really let go of all thought... this was harder as I was trying to bring a pivotal part of our journey into five minutes only. I am now considering going back over and expanding on this moment in time. A great exercise this week and definitely one I am going to continue trying to do this five minutes on a daily basis.



5 comments:

muminsearch.com said...

I can feel your pain... and I love a happy ending!

therhythmmethod said...

Amazing journey in only 5 minutes. An even more amazing story ... life, hey? Just when you think it's time to pack up and go home ... :)

Sarah Mac said...

I love a happy ending too :)

InkPaperPen said...

What a story! I love that you were getting it all out so quickly, a great feeling when the words are flowing faster that we can type. So much better than the time to write but not a thing to say. This is what happened to me yesterday. Glad to hear you enjoyed the exercise and that you are continuing with it. Keep at it! See you next week Gill xo

Janelle said...

I love the ending to your story! I actually think it could have ended quite happily at "two days later I was pregnant". I smiled when I read that! Thanks for sharing