Thursday, July 21, 2011

Positivity #1 - You can ring my Bell...

Just prior to my operation, one of my good friends put together a care package (that was a half birthday / half post op recovery; oh the joys of having operations near your birthday!!!) All wrapped up and labelled, it was filled with Chocolates (Roses... my absolute favourites) a BH&G magazine (with quilting patterns... love it) some seedlings and this delightful little bell to use when I needed nursing from my dear hubby (let me assure you... he didn't find it too funny)


IMG_8171


I've gone on and on about having good friends, who have your back and this sweet girl is definitely one of them.

On a side note: Sadly, my same friend went & landed herself in hospital for nearly a week :O A Burst Appendix and she was & still is in a bad way; poor thing, I went to visit her (and gave her a little care package, no where near as nice as hers was to me...) and the poor thing, is in so much pain with a tummy all stapled up :( I'm hoping she is back on the road to recovery again real soon, she has been through more than enough this past fortnight.

I of course went above and beyond the call of Friendship - I offered to loan her the bell LOL... I even said we could somehow engrave it with our names and dates of our operations ;) she thought it was a great idea... however her hubby went eerily quiet ~ I'm guessing he didn't quite see the funny side either???


Just incase you are wondering, which part of this post is meant to be positive ~ it's all about the joy of giving and good friendships!



2 comments:

Lene said...

What a beautiful friendship you must have. I love the idea of a care package and I especially love the bell! Not sure my Hubby would appreciate it either!

Imogen said...

Oh dear, your poor friend :( Very lucky to have each other xo