Monday, October 10, 2011

Five Sentence Friday #1

Lillie McFerrin, one of the lovely girls in our Write On Wednesday group has started a new weekly writing exercise. Be sure to swing by her blog to check it out and why don't you join us? It's five sentences from a one word inspiration. Written on Fridays. This suits me as I don't usually have the time to write later in the week & I needed something small to commit to; this seems to be exactly what I need.  

WORD: DELIRIOUS



Words once spoken were joyous to behold,

Shared by her kindly Doctor, usually concerned.

Finally allowed to go home; forever he told.

As excitement flooded her body she yearned,

To tell her mum she was no longer interned.

This is following on with my usual weekly WOW storyline, I chose to attempt an English Quintain (honestly... I really have no idea what I'm doing here & this is my first real attempt at poetry. It's been something I have been wanting to try for me personally for a while now) feel free to give me some Constructive Criticism!   


1 comment:

Lillie McFerrin said...

This is beautiful! Such joy packed into those words.