Friday, October 28, 2011

Five Sentence Friday #4 Horror

WARNING!!! Graphic content



What its all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the inspiration word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just take your inspiration from that word.

This week’s inspiration word is: HORROR

Squealing rubber upon the burning hot tarmac.
Sunblazed metal against metal, welding and meshing as one.
Stark white bones piercing delicate cream skin.
Steadily dripping blood, pooling and coagulating in the heat.
Silence decends momentarily, eerie and still broken by sobbing screams.


***********************************************
Although I considered doing a halloween inspired piece, these words chose themselves. Most likely because my own accident (from years ago) has been on replay in the depths of my mind, it has been surfacing and needs facing. I do apologise if this piece is too much?

5 comments:

spring days, new growth said...

Never apologise, writing is a brilliant therapeutic tool. I hope it helps you resolve some of your resurfacing memories.
To the writing, I like the way each sentence/line starts with the S words, I think you have conveyed the true horror of a vehicle accident.
kate

Lillie McFerrin said...

Welcome back :) I agree with Kate, writing can be a wonderfully cleansing process. You're writing drew me into the scene and I could feel the horror of the experience. Nice work!

Sif said...

I like how the mood of this piece turns so quickly on the dripping and pooling blood. It's made all my nerve ending twitch! Well done!

spring days, new growth said...

Thanks for letting me know about my problem link. All fixed now!

claire said...

That was very powerful...and horrific of course. Good job.