Thursday, October 27, 2011

Slowly, slowly!

After the week I had last week with my daughter being sick (gastro) being on antibiotics for a sinus infection, sinus issues, lack of sleep, blah, blah and blah... This week in theory should have been kinder toward me. But it hasn't. I found myself awoken at 4am on Sunday morning with a bad bout of Gastro (a full week since my daughter had it, so am convinced it is unrelated) I won't bore you with the ins and outs (pardon the pun) of it all; but let's just say it is now Thursday and I still feel like hell and the sinus headache appears to have returned. Sigh.

So if I was struggling last week, I'm struggling more so this week. All I want to do is eat yet I find nothing to interest me. I miss eating. It's the one thing I do well at. Sigh.

Today after a 2 1/2 week absence, I pulled out my collage folders and got to work on some writing. I highly doubt it is any good and with this niggling sinus headache, I am loathe to go back and re-read it. Fortunately I am at a point in my tutorial that calls for writing exercises. Ten minutes of unconscious stream, thoughts and words. A very effective way to get back into it after the enforced mini break. I find if I neglect my writing for too long, it becomes harder and harder to return to it with the same zest, so I am doubly glad I made that effort today to write.

So I'm going slowly, slowly. I'm hoping that I am 100% for NaNoWriMo which I fully intend to actually TRY this year (we won't mention last year where I think cold feet saw me not even putting pen to paper :o ) This year I would like to keep churning out snippets of my Big story (if you've been following WOW, it will be THAT story I am continuing) so if all goes according to plan, you might see me lurking in here, possibly even sharing small snippets of what I'm writing behind the scenes and hopefully {hopefully) re-joining WOW for next weeks exercise, since it appears I have missed this week YET again! Whoops!



1 comment:

Sarah Mac said...

Sounds miserable Car - hope you start feeling better very soon!