Saturday, October 29, 2011

When do you write?

We had a great theory last night: go to bed later than normal so we could hope to alleviate that early morning wake up! In theory it sounded perfect. In reality it didn't work. I woke at 4:50am and am so tired. It didn't help that I struggled to fall asleep. I was tired. So very tired. My mind on the other hand was all aflutter, between finally deciding on a quilt design that has been just out of my reach for the past few weeks to thinking of all the things I want to write about, it was whirling 100 miles an hour. I should have gotten out of bed and written some of my thoughts down, to siphon them off. Yet I didn't, I tossed and turned and wrote and re-wrote things in my head vowing to get up first thing this morning and write them all down.

Well wouldn't you know it - those wonderful thoughts and ideas went AWOL this morning... figures!

Usually I only ever write in my journal of a night time, it is my down time and it gets things off my chest before I fall sleep. However with my descriptive pieces such as one for WOW or 5 Sentence Friday or the writing I do for my course, I find I need to complete them through the day. While my thoughts are awake and churning, otherwise if I do like I did last night (writing them just before bed) then my mind doesn't have time to come down off that high I guess you could call it and I find myself wide awake.



I had a grand plan to write up my NaNoWriMo plan for November (now as an aside... I am NOT committing per say. I am attempting it. I figure while I'm on a roll I may as well keep going and writing and this is the perfect opportunity to do that. If I get a decent word count I will be happy, but I am not putting too much pressure on myself to get this.) The only problem is my plans that sounded so good in my head are now lost in my dreamland and I don't know where to start with it all. I have 20 mins spare now, while my daughter has a late afternoon kip on the lounge, so I am off to plan and prepare. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Lillie McFerrin said...

Best of luck to you! Great post.

Also, I have given you an award on my blog!