Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Diary of a NaNoWriMo - Day 2

Well it would appear that my approximations on word count are a little out. Basically I counted the first page and there was approximately 200 words. So I wrote my 4 pages back to back. Today upon typing up what I had already written I totalled 2180 words. That's 513 words more than what I needed to produce! Yay Me! 

Today has been yet another busy day with the 4yo at home with me. I didn't get a chance to write anything this morning, but after we returned home I bribed the girl with back to back Scooby Doo episodes so I could churn out a few more words. I am thankful I did this as
1) she needed the down and quiet time and
2) I needed a head start;
writing at night is hard work for me. My brain can no longer cope with the strain! 
I'm not sure if it's because I haven't done any study or hard on the brain taxing stuff recently, but my head is hurting at the end of each day and I have another 28 ahead of me setting the same pace... can I do it??? 

Funny story, I said to my girl this afternoon "thank you for letting mummy write today" and she replied "that's ok and thank you for letting me watch Scooby Doo today so that you could write"


It's a Wrap... 
Todays' Words written - 2248
Current Word tally - 4428    
Three cups of coffee, numerous chocolate muffins and a hot apple pie (with ice-cream)  

No comments: