Saturday, November 5, 2011

Diary of a NaNoWriMo - day 5

OMFG. I have just calculated yesterdays word count and I'm up to 8865 already :o sweet jebus!!! That means if I get a good count tonight, I will crack the 10,000 in 5 days - can I do it!

For something a bit different today, I thought I'd share the other things in and around the world wide web this November (well most Novembers, I'm just discovering them all now :)

1. NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month; 50,000 words in 30 days. This is what I'm attempting!

2. NaNoJourMo - National NonStop Journalling month; a prompt a day to get your creative juices flowing.

3. NaNoCroMo - National NonStop Crochet Month; from the same mind, though I don't think this has taken off yet, sounds like a good one though, don't you think?

4. PiBoIdMo - Picture Book Idea Month; I've seen a few of my tweeps finishing NaNoWriMo at a certain time of night and diving right into this one too. Eeek. And I thought I took on too much!

5. NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month; as it says one post, once a day.

Wow. That's a lot of writing, journalling, drawing, writing, blogging and crochet going on in November! What I'd like to know is how many 'do it once a day' can be thought of? The mind boggles at the endless possibilities within!

I'll be back later tonight with my current word count and most probably celebrating if I crack the 10,000!!!



It's a Wrap... 
Todays' Words written - 1492
Current Word tally - 10,357     
Replenished the chocolate stash, substituted the coffee for decaf (surprisingly worked) and nearly fell asleep while writing. Although I was pushing myself to hit the 10,000, I gave up when I was too tired to keep my eyes open and thinking I only had 1000 or so words was totally FREAKING EXCITED to see I cracked the 10,000 last night. NOW to go write today's instalment :)     

1 comment:

Lene said...

Oh well done! Sounds like you are well and truly motoring along. Lazy person that I am I'm not attempting any of these activites this year. I guess there is always next year?