Saturday, June 2, 2012

In the words of Barney Stinson... Challenge Accepted

I've been lamenting over on Facebook (read: drinking too much and feeling maudlin') that I miss my weekly writing exercises. I feel my little stories could have gone further than mere snippets, but after my failed attempt at NaNoWriMo last November and some significant changes to life this year everything fell to the wayside.

I miss my writing.

The more I miss my writing, the harder it is to dip my toes in to test the waters.

My friend has thrown down a challenge... 5 posts in 7 days on a blog other than my craft one. Finding a blog that is NOT my craft one is EASY; deciding on which one to use? Whole other story!

Yet I find myself gravitating here once more. As for what I will write, I have no idea. Much as I want to continue my story, I'm getting bored with it - really how much more can I write about my dodgy innards without grossing out my two kind readers?

Last year I shared a few small snippets of my {late} Nan's story. I wrote over 11,000 words during NaNoWriMo no where near the 50,000 I had originally aimed for. Then I burnt out. The story remains locked in my head but the key has gone AWOL.  I'm sure I could find it if I trace my steps backward? Surely the remainder of the story is still there waiting to be told, if only I oil the cogs and aim to write a little daily?

Maybe I should go whole hog and aim for 1600 words a day, as I did for NaNoWriMo?

On second thoughts perhaps I should await the decision on which direction lies ahead of me until tomorrow, when my (2 glasses of) vodka addled mind is not jumping ahead with a challenge that is too much for me to complete?

No comments: