Sunday, July 29, 2012

{Above} Visual Dare #15

Tumblr m4fxphllms1qzwhyzo1 500











The picture was torn and tattered along the edges. Yellowed and curled with constant handling, smudges of ink stained the writing opposite. Closing her special journal with a sigh, she fervently wished that life had dealt them a different hand. Her dreams captured within this photo like a web. Dreams of a trip to the States; imagining herself floating high above in a bright colourful balloon, watching the river meander through the countryside below. Her burdens lightened by a lack of gravity. Floating through life with not a care in the world. No chains to bind her to the ground. Freedom.  
*********************************************************
Linking up with Anonymous Legacy again. This week I struggled I wanted to add a piece to my current WIP but the picture is set in a different world to the one I'm trying to describe. Rather than throw it aside in disgust, I've tried to work it from a different angle - though I'm still not happy with it. Yet that's what writing is all about. Some days are good. Some are bad. Some the dreams are always just out of reach. Floating away with the balloon.
Constructive Criticism welcomed.    

3 comments:

LittleWhiteDove said...

Nice job Car! Hopefully I can get mine written tonight, I'm struggling trying to keep away from dark and sad backstories, but not going so far into cheesy light and happy!!

Angela said...

Nice work! I like how you used the prompt as a photograph itself, a symbol to the woman of lost dreams and lost opportunities. Poignant and well written. Great entry!!

Jo-Anne Teal said...

I think this is a lovely reflection of the photo. I really really like: "Her dreams captured within this photo like a web."

So glad you joined in. I agree, sometimes it is difficult to come up with a response but that challenge is what it's all about :))