Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sickness and Life

Ever had those months where everything beings falling into place then you get sick? That was my life. When sickness struck me down along with a visit from Aunty Flo (I'm not convinced the two weren't related in some sinister way) everything fell apart.

Losing a full night of sleep. Battling dehydration and running on complete empty. My reserves were depleted… 

Cue my daughter bringing home a viral thingy from school; complete with high temps and a vomit or two (assuming it was due to the high temps)

Another sleepless night where we finally fell into an exhausted & unsettled sleep watching Scooby Doo cartoons at 3am.

Anxiety on overload because I just don't do sickness well (Ever heard of Man-flu? Well I do Man-Flu swimmingly… better than my husband infact!)   

Needless to say I was out of power after 4 days of surviving on pure adrenalin because the coffee sure as hell wasn't helping (in that I couldn't stomach the thought of my nice delicious Nespresso coffee… yes… I must have been REALLY sick!)

And I watched far too many Dawson Creek Episodes in that time frame to be deemed safe viewing. 

So now I am 2 weeks into the final term of the year, I'm no closer to finishing what I aimed to finish this month. My colourful inspiration board remains colourful (emphasis on the FUL) I have NaNoWriMo looming next month and all I want to do is sleep. I'm thinking attempting an epic task like NaNo when I'm still trying to recoup and re-charge is probably not the best idea for ME. Right now. 

 

No comments: