Little White Dove has thrown down a reading challenge for the New Year - to read 13 books in 2013. A relatively simple challenge & you know how I LOVE challenges!
2012 I managed to finish 31 books (finished to date) but I found my reading felt stagnant and I didn't extend much further than Vampire Lit or Chic Lit. Nice. Easy. Reading. Knowing that I can easily read 13 in 2013 I signed up for this challenge on ye old Crafty blog. Over there will be my every day reads (likely more vampire lit & chic lit) however Kylie asked to be challenged further and I've chosen to take up her extra challenge here on this blog. Because I really want to try and stretch my wings and read more variety this year as I think it will help with my writing course (as well there are books I should be reading for the course)
A small selection of books that I 'might' read as part of the selected Genres.
So without further adieu, here is the 13/13 challenge of genres that I am aiming to read. I will blog about my progress throughout the year.
1) Mystery (1st to Die - James Patterson)
2) Romance (The Road Home - Fiona Palmer)
3) Thriller (Above Suspicion - Linda La Plante)
4) Drama (To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee)
5) Historical (The Secret River - Kate Grenville?)
6) Fantasy (Dark Prince - Christine Feehan)
7) sci-fi (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams)
8) non Fiction (Down to Earth - Rhonda Hetzel)
9) Graphic (Smallville S11, Ep1 Graphic Comic)
10) autobiography (Lessons in Letting Go - Corinne Grant)
11) motivational (feel the Fear and do it anyway - Susan Jeffers)
12) religion / world view / spiritual (The art of Happiness - The Dalai Lama)
13) poetry (The complete works of Banjo Patterson)
I have placed in brackets a list of books I have selected that I think suits each genre, most are books I already own awaiting an opportunity to read or were suggested by friends. If you think any are not suitable for each genre - leave me a comment and offer me other suggestions!
I am looking forward to sinking my teeth in to these come January 1st!