Monday, December 10, 2012

#reverb12… day 10

What was the greatest risk you took in 2012? What was the outcome?

My greatest risk in 2012 actually started in 2011, but carried forward into 2012.

My greatest risk - I quit my long standing job. Even though my income barely covered daycare / commute to work fees; it did help boost us up when the chips were starting to crumble.

With a huge daycare bill looming (their billing system had broken down & I'd not picked up that I hadn't paid fees for 4 weeks :O ) a whopping hospital / surgeon fee (think over $5G) as well previous surgeon fees / credit card debts that had racked up and so on. Add to that monthly psychologists bills which weren't cheap and we were sitting on some pretty huge debt. 

Yet I found the confidence to I walk away from it all. I kept thinking another 6 months I could have paid everything out but for us and our family at the time it was a risk far less to take than the risk of me continuing to work and likely burning out completely.

It was a risk that paid off. 18 months down the track, we are sitting stable financially having finally paid out all the fees (& then some) I no longer need consistent psychologist appointments which I put paid to a calmer lifestyle and calmer mind.  And our whole family is so much happier.   

No comments: