Monday, December 17, 2012

#reverb12… day 17

Think of one person whose life you made a difference to in 2012.

What did you gain from this?

How will you continue to make a difference in 2013?

This is a difficult question to ponder upon tonight. It's hard to think of any one person I may have made a difference too. So I shall go with the most obvious subjects. My baby girl and my husband. 

I like to think that I have made a difference on my little girls life, but supporting her through her first year of schooling. By providing stability in her home life just by being here for her of a morning and again in the afternoon. Simply by being here. Living in the moment with her has made a huge difference upon ME (I used to work an hour away and did relatively long hours and was not here those afternoons… had I not given it up, I daresay I would still be doing that and losing precious mummy / daughter time) I am almost positive it has made an impact upon her life in 2012 as she has overall been so much fun to hang out with and the tantrums of the toddler days seem to be but a mere memory.

I have gained confidence in my parenting with this one simple difference. 

I can only hope that 2013 we are able to provide more of the same for her and that she continues on this path to adulthood happily.

My husband on the other hand, I know I've made a difference in his life by being more accountable in my "housewifery" duties. While I don't always meet him at the front door, dressed to the 9's and wearing heels and an apron, bearing food and beer (usually it's me requesting the beer!) I have managed to get a hold on what is expected of me and while I still HATE housework and currently have Mt Foldmore threatening to avalanche - it's all slowly coming together and making him happy. 

I have gained a feeling of contentment that had never quite seemed attainable in the past and I have also gained a happier husband. 

2013 I am planning on being even MORE organised (I can dream huh?) with designated days to get everything done - no ifs and buts about it. Here's to many more happy days, beer in hand, sitting by the pool, watching the new cleaner wash my windows… again with the dreaming! 


  


No comments: