Sunday, December 2, 2012

#reverb12… day 2

What was your most significant expenditure in 2012?

It doesn't have to be necessarily the biggest expenditure, just the one with the most impact.

What difference has it made to your life?

A tricky question to ponder and answer tonight… but isn't that usual when it comes to money?
Our biggest expenditure in 2012 was kicking a major financial goal 6 months earlier than expected. It has made a huge impact upon our day to day lives and re-affirmed that we can still budget and we can meet our goals albeit a harder slog than we were once used to.
It has reiterated that perseverance, hard work and strict budgets can and do pay off.
This goal has allowed ourselves to dream big once more.
When all feels lost and you become stagnant within life, dreams are a beautiful thing to behold.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You know, this really got me thinking Car ...

I haven't made any major purchases this year or had any real changes in my expenditure (it's pretty much pared down as much as it can be).

I have invested a little in me though. Not in big ways, just little things that I'd pushed to the back of the queue. Things that I used to take for granted in the past but in recent years have seemed an unecesssary expense.

Like I said, nothing extravagant but things that have made me happy and reminded me that I count too.