Thursday, December 6, 2012

#reverb12… day 6

Compare the “you” from the beginning of 2012 to the “you” that you are now. What new skills or talents have you learned or discovered this year?

At the beginning of 2012, I was a frazzled burnt out mum who resorted to yelling before 8am most mornings, just to get out the door. I know it sounds horrible, but in my defence I had just barely survived a 3 year battle with infertility and related health issues. My sanity was hanging by a thread and needed months of therapy to find my way back.  My health with some added help from evil hormones was at an all time low along with my energy levels. And I had recently finished up (okay half way through the year… but still) my long time job that I once absolutely loved. A career that came to a spectacular end after nearly 10 years with same company. 

And then I became a School mum. Suddenly my little girl, my baby was a big school girl and with that came 6 hours of FREE MUMMY TIME. Every Weekday. I missed my baby girl, but I suddenly felt this freedom lift and found that I no longer yelled in the mornings to get moving. Our mornings were (& still are) pretty cruisey. We spend the 20 minute drive to school chatting, singing, playing word games, discussing life. 

After 5 years of battling to be the perfect mum, I learnt that I am a good mum - I just needed the space to realise this within myself. 

 

No comments: