Sunday, December 16, 2012

#reverb12… day16

Who inspired you in 2012? And why?

What gifts did they give you? And how will you carry these forward in to 2013?

Inspiration in 2012, came to me in many forms. Almost too many to name individually but most of them will probably know who they are. My 2 very best besties, my Quilting girls, my mums group  and CathB - all of you girls have inspired me in some form or another. By supporting, listening, studying, writing, sewing along, laughing, enabling and just being. I thank you from the very bottom of my heart for all that you have done this year. I appreciate it far more than words will ever be able to convey.  

A special mention for my biggest inspiration by far was when I trekked the long way to Camp NaNoWriMo. Joined by my fellow camper Rachy & in spirit by Esther. I churned out some un-godly amount of words (somewhere in the vicinity of 20K) & then proceeded to burn out. From every writing sprint you both joined me on, to your kind comments on my writing exercises shared. Encouragement to move forward in my quest. Words aren't enough to describe how much that meant to me and if you both continue this support into 2013… we can definitely talk about a mention on the Acknowledgements page 'kay ;) 

You two girls, along with ALL the rest of you beautiful girls in my life have given me the gift of confidence which was so sadly lacking in 2011. The confidence to realise that I can do this writing gig (just unsure if I can do it well yet…) I plan on carrying that confidence into 2013 and I hope you all join me for the ride because next year I am planning on finishing the first draft.

 

No comments: