Thursday, January 31, 2013

13 in 13 Challenge… Book 3 - Romance

Little White Dove
 

Book #3 - 13 in 13 Challenge 

The Road Home; Fiona Palmer 

Genre: Romance

13363274

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love how this challenge has opened up my reading only a few short weeks in. I have been trying to read the genre challenge titles in between my regular reading (did I mention I'm doing the challenge on my craft blog with my normal daily reads?) So this book is actually the 6th book completed this year but counts as number 3 for this particular challenge!

The Road Home is Fiona Palmers third book and is classed as Romance. She was interviewed several months ago on one of the morning programs about how this new wave of authors are producing a new genre called Chook-lit. Technically it is Chic-lit (which to me is romance) but set in the Australian outback. On Farms. With hot farmers. Really Farmer wants a wife - need I say more?

I really enjoy these style of books, they are generally light reads and entertaining and I daresay Fiona Palmer is probably one of my favourite authors - she pulls me in from the very first page!    

No comments: