Thursday, March 14, 2013

{whisper} a five sentence fiction prompt

Voices loud and clear; words uttered both soft and loud.
Screaming and talking, singing and shouting.  
Taken for granted, our voices rise above.
And you; your voice but a mere whisper.  
Though you sure as heck made yourself HEARD!  

*********************************************************

Yikes, I just checked backward to find that this is my first writing prompt since last November! I'm starting out slowly by returning to Five Sentence Fiction and am very pleased to be back. I'm amazed at just how rusty I feel after such a long break.

My book writing has remained stagnant as I throw myself into other various areas; but this prompt - I couldn't go past it! My story is about a lady who could only whisper, sadly I've not felt I've done this writing exercise must justice as I can't seem to find the "punch" I need in these five sentences. However I will still publish and link up before I get cold feet and chicken out.

3 comments:

LittleWhiteDove said...

*insert gratuitous ego-stroking comment here*

LittleWhiteDove said...

Lovely, my dear, very effective xx

Alleycat said...

I see "punch" in the 5 sentences!
Love them!