Monday, April 29, 2013

The future…

Day051 Blue skies























IF YOUR DREAMS DON'T SCARE YOU, 
THEY'RE NOT BIG ENOUGH.
Unknown… found on Facebook  

My weekly job title of Coffee Connoisseur is sadly coming to an end; which of course prompted me to start thinking of the future.

What is it I want to do in life?

While most days I am fairly certain I need a change of career - I can't help but wonder what it would be like to go back to work in some capacity for another company? A new start perhaps? However for this year and possibly next, my job prospects will continue to revolve around our home business while I study in every spare moment I have. Who on earth leaves their study modules until the last year? Me; that's who!

At the moment I am studying two correspondence courses - both of which will give me a Diploma IF I PASS.

A Professional Photography Course and a Professional Writing (Creative) course.

For the past year or so, I've been contemplating a career path utilising both courses and I could never really see how they meshed together. 

Until now.

Earlier in the month I went along to a  seminar at our local library. On the day I was sick and was wishing I was tucked up in bed with my heat pack and cup of hot tea. Wondering why on earth I'd signed up for Freelance Writing. 

Beyond writing my novel - which I'm unsure will ever be good enough for publishing; I have no idea where I'm headed. 

So here I was, sitting amongst a heap of other aspiring writers in my community listening to a seminar on Freelance Writing presented by Tianni Templeton. It was brilliant. Insightful, Informative and Inspiring - exactly what I needed to hear. A possible way of weaving my writing and my photography into something more than just a passion. I walked out of that seminar for the first time in a long while, actually thinking that I could do it. This could be an avenue I could take. Of course my mind starts ticking with all the things I could be doing. Wanting to jump in with both feet, but knowing in my heart that I need to take it slow. My first priority is to finish my 2 courses. In the meantime I am slowly compiling a list. I love lists.   

Who knows. Something like this might be just wishful thinking. Perhaps it will never work out for me and I will need to remove my head from the clouds and look at reality.

For now though, I am going to take this little DREAM of mine and am going to nurture it and use it as my motivation. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You know what Car? We all need our dreams so never stop believing in them.

Dreams CAN and DO become a reality so keep dreaming for now and when you are ready, make it happen x