Monday, May 27, 2013

Prepping for #JuNoWriMo

Last Friday I had a bit over 2 hours to spare hanging about on the Island - rather than waste time driving home only to drive back - I sat in the library & finished off yet another tutorial for my Photography course. After that was finished, I twiddled my thumbs - what to do with an extra hour or so up my sleeve? Luckily I had extra work with me, I decided a coffee was in order. A walk up the hill to my favourite little cafe and it was there I finally got to work solidly on the edits for my novel. 

Cafes are AWESOME for writing - they sell coffee and cheesecake. 

IMG 5407

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just for record keeping purposes - this was actually my birthday cheesecake with friends earlier in the week. Friday was just me, one coffee, one eclair and lots of red pen.

So it is I'm about half way through the edits I'd been hoping to finish by June; today I will transfer the first of those edits onto my master computer document. I honestly don't even know if I will be able to keep up the pace come June (part of the reason I haven't officially signed up to the webpage yet) but I do know I want to start writing another chunk and the only way I seem to be able to do that is by adding pressure. Yep. Just what my anxiety needs right now is MORE PRESSURE. #eek. It will be Head down, bum up and write like the wind.

This week (since I'm actually ahead of my May Goals for photography… except the assignments) I am studying another tutorial for my Creative Writing course. Three days of study planned with only one tutorial, two assignments then free time which will be allocated to the remainder of these edits + planning the next section.

What about you - do you work better under pressure? When is the pressure too much to handle?    

No comments: