Friday, August 9, 2013

Inspiration vs too much

A little where I'm at… right now. 

Day01  What I m doing Today

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Every week I seem to be caught up in this whirl of busy and I am trying so hard not to get trapped in the anxious cycle again. This week has been no exception and while I have had some wins (if you call finishing ONE tutorial and taking ONE photograph a win that is ;) ) but I've also not achieved what I'd set out to do. I'm trying to tell myself that this is OK. It really is.  

On the health front - I have been battling a sinus infection most of the week - hello sore ears, jaw, throat, teeth and now cheek. Ouch! Not much fun, but it comes and goes and thankfully have only had one headache from it. I figure this is adding to my disjointed approach to everything this week.  

My mind has been abuzz with all manner of things, thoughts of life after study. Hopes and dreams rolled into pretty packages. A deep and meaningful chat with my dear hubby who is backing me 110%. I get this warm, fuzzy feeling when I know he believes in me and those little glimmers of hope sparkle brightly.

I have a million and one things I want to be doing RIGHT NOW. Alas I am garnering my energy and focusing on one thing at a time. Priority numero uno for August is to submit at least 4 assignments (2 writing / 2 photography) and Wednesday I had a moment to sit quietly at the library and churn out a couple of writing passages for my assignments. After a little polishing and some research I should have both ready to submit by next week. I have also have 4/6 photos for the first assignment and 1/12 photos for the second.

Sometimes I feel as though everything is coming together as it should; but other times like last week when I had a photo shoot all lined up - then it was cancelled. I know I can re-schedule but time is not being my friend at the moment.

I have new story lines buzzing around in my head, so much so that I've had to release them and start writing a few excerpts - stay tuned, I might even blog them. I have much research I want to gather for my Novel, it is all good and well to imagine but when it came to describing in 1000 words a scene - I flailed. Especially as the township I am writing of I have not visited for 25 odd years & our last brief drive through was at least 9 years ago. It is hard when you have snippets on the edge of your mind but you need to see to refresh and reconnect those memories.

Yesterday I walked about the house and there is piles of things everything - needed my attention. Apart from the piles upon piles of housework to be done; there is library books that contain information between their worn pages. Photography books I have borrowed to research styles. Bridal Magazines (no I'm not getting married) on loan from a friend to find pictures to submit for my assignment. And then there is the writing. Daily writing. Mutterings that make no sense, but need to see the light of day. Story snippets and conversations that need something more.

Then there is the study I should be doing.

And we won't even mention the severe lack of creating going on; at this stage of the game, I am thankful when I stick a small sticker in my current diary and call it art.

P8060194

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yet even with all this going on and swirling around me, I am managing to pick up my camera each day. I am capturing moments of our every day (most days) and I embarked on an epic scavenger hunt - contrary to popular belief it isn't for the prizes, it was more that I am struggling for ideas for photos each day - there is only so many waterfront shots I can take. So I've had a little excitement hunting down creative ways to take the photos on the list. My poor friends on Facebook must be sick of seeing my daily photos already! Not to mention I'm dabbling in a Project 55. We are given a word / subject to take photos of each day. I participated in a similar meme earlier in the year and I found it immensely inspiring for me to stop and think about photos and words. So I am doing that too - alas I am resorting to my P&S as that camera is with me everywhere.

And that is where I am in a mighty huge nutshell. More than likely a coconut shell! 

2 comments:

LittleWhiteDove said...

Well, with a nutshell that size, no wonder you are a little nutty ;)

Can't wait to see any snippets you might blog of this new inspiration!xxx

Kat McNally said...

Hi Car,
Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far. I love the way you are capturing everyday moments: sometimes that's all we can manage in amongst the competing demands of the day, but that really is enough!
I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
Take care,
Kat xx