Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hump Day

Wednesday is typically known as Hump Day. Contrary to my original belief it is NOT the day you don your loveliest undergarments and sweet talk your hubby. Yes I did think that. And yes I did actually admit to it here!  NO. Apparently Hump Day is that middle of the week hump once you are at the peak, it's all down hill from there.

My novel is much like that. And yes I can call it a novel, I think 30,000 words constitutes at least a push in the right direction of becoming a novel, don't you?

My novel has sat neglected in all its unedited glory waiting for me to edit it. Waiting for me to add more words to its story. Waiting for that elusive thing we call time. All of which are NOT forthcoming and so it has languished and I have despaired that I had become the little tram "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" continuously pushing up that never ending hill. Aiming for that peak that never came.

In the past week or so, several lightbulbs have been switched on (a blog post of wisdom, words of encouragement by a real author, forgotten moments suspended in time) and I have come to the realisation that I am no longer on the uphill battle.

I am teetering upon that elusive hump. Today is my Wednesday.

I can choose to keep sliding backward down the hill of negative thoughts "I can't do this. My writing is mediocre at best. I will never get this story published" or I can embrace the positive thoughts and start speeding down the hill toward that finish line.

Today I am re-reading inspirational quotes, printing out maps and embarking on research. Today I am back on the train and that finish line is looming.   

P9080365

  

  

2 comments:

LittleWhiteDove said...

hahahahahahahahaha oh my darling girl, that is GOLD!!!!!

becanne said...

Hump Day Drinks at work are never going to be the same again!