Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Where I've been…

Small Footsteps. One small step at a time.  

P3280921

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The family and I took a little mini break over the weekend - our first time "away" since 2008. True story. Life has a nasty habit of getting in the way of all your grand plans and getting away together wasn't made a priority. Sadly in recent times our priorities always seem to revolve around work and money. I guess that is natural in ANY bodies lives, but for us taking time out also means no income for that time. Being a one man band, we don't have anyone to rely to to take the phone calls, to put out fires while we kick back poolside sipping tequilas.

In the end I could give you a million excuses why we never escape - but I won't bore you with those - at the end of the day we finally did it. We booked a cabin along the Tallebudgera river and picked the WORST weekend ever to stay there! Localised flooding the previous day meant the river was covered in logs floating downstream; not to mention rain on Friday AND Sunday… and the small fact I was literally 30 seconds from bumping into one of my all time favourite bloggers… considering we live 6 hours from each other, I almost cried.  

Saturday however was awesome. Brilliant blue sunny skies - it mattered NOT that we were awoken by a super excited and super charged little girl at 4:30AM! The same child who declared that night she couldn't fall asleep after spending ALL day being tired out by that waterside in the back ground!  And who also proceeded to TALK in her SLEEP all night long.    

P3290939

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I on the other hand, apart from being super tired, spent time relaxing on the couch poolside. Nose buried in my book at the cabin, eating far too much, drawing with limited art supplies and enjoying a simple weekend free from day to day life. And anxiety. Oh and enjoying time out with the family.

I must say I was super glad to be home to my own pillows on Sunday night! And a certain old dog was beyond excited to have us home again - first time he's curled up in my lap for awhile!   

1 comment:

Miss Dove said...

FOREVER CRYING. Counting down the days to camp x