Friday, May 16, 2014

Striving for Happiness

A couple of months back it came to me that each day I was just "being" I wasn't actually "doing" anything out of the ordinary and while in most peoples lives, this is more than okay - for me it wasn't enough.

I spend far too many minutes being consumed by stupid worries and sweating the small stuffs somewhere along the way, I had somehow lost the real meaning of happiness. Don't get me wrong - I am overall a happy person - I certainly don't mope around every single second of every single day (contrary to what you might believe if you've ever read my blog!) Rather I just found myself buried amongst the the normal rushing of every day life and no longer stopped to smell the roses. 

My hubby thinks (& likely he is 100% correct) that Facebook is mainly to blame - which is another whole post in itself!  

If you've been following me for a while now - you will know that I don't do things by halves, within a few days of starting this I set up a small photo album and started a personal #projectBEhappy (featured on my craft blog) and then after stumbling across #100happy on Instagram, I signed up with a few fellow friends!  

I popped into KiKKi K recently and found this book, I admit the pretty "happy" colours on the front make me smile. This will be the book I read during Music Lessons each week and I'm hoping that it will provide a little guidance toward seeing through clearer eyes how to live an AWESOME and HAPPY life.    

P5141041

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not surprisingly when I got home, I remembered a little desktop calendar I bought a few years back for $2 that I had filed with my art journalling supplies - thinking to use the quotes on my pages. TURNS out that it is the same woman who wrote the above book - and yes I did feel a little silly about that mistake! 

P5141042

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've popped it up on a mini art easel & each day I've been stopping to read the message and consider it. And if that particularly day inspires me to pick up my pen and start writing, then even better. 

P5141043

No comments: