Tuesday, October 27, 2015

2015 NaNoWriMo

I have swayed back and forth on NaNo this year. I really want to do it because I have barely picked up a pen to do ANY creative writing this whole year.

Except for a short stint of writing my memoirs... because EVERYONE will want to read those.

I think it has been niggling enough in the back of my mind that I am going to go for it. However I am sitting here frozen tossing up what I should work on. Starting a new story is out of the question, so I have limited myself to the following choices:

1. Continue with 2014 NaNo #winner {working title} Two Islands
a) I can finish the notebook I started writing it in
b) I can focus on part two of my existing story
c) I have ALL the research books & plotting points ready to go
d) It will force me to re-read the 2014 story and start on the editing

2. Little Book of Horrors {working title}
This was an exercise I started prior to NaNo. A short story of 14K words based on an eerie photo I found on the internet. The idea was a series of short stories all based on freaky photos. I found a treasure trove of them on Pinterest so I have more than enough to churn out min word counts each day.

Or perhaps I will do a mixture of both. Not limiting myself to any one genre. As long as I write 50K right?


No comments: