Saturday, November 28, 2015

Words, Life and Everything in between

NaNoWriMo?

Nothing to see here. Move along folks.

That is the extent of my month long attempt at writing. I managed a few days. I'm not proud of that fact, but you know what it is OKAY. I now have five extra days of words on paper than before I began.

I could sprout on for days about all the reasons WHY I didn't complete it this year. WHY I couldn't. WHY, when I finally nutted out my storyline I fell to pieces and walked away from my pen.

Instead I will just say I got tired. And overwhelmed. And Lost.

Yesterday I yelled. Something was asked of me. I over-reacted and suddenly words were tumbling out, a multitude of resentments that were simmering beneath the surface. I feel better for yelling. I also feel worse for yelling.

Today I find myself alone and though there is SO MUCH TO DO (hello... have you seen my dining table? it is lost under an avalanche of LIFE) I find myself flittering. Not doing much of anything. I've washed two loads of clothes and got super lazy with the second load and popped them through the dryer.

I have a list as long as my arm to organise for Christmas.

I need to remove myself from Social Media... or enforce stricter time limits.

I have a custom order (MY FIRST ORDER!) and yet I am pretending it needs to be finished in 3 days, instead opting to sit mutely, staring mindlessly at the TV screen, stuffing my face with all the junk food I can find & knowing full well I will regret this moment of insolence.

I did do one thing today that has me excited - I pulled out my camera and started snapping. I haven't touched my camera in so long. What do you think of my abstract flower?


This afternoon I plan on taking it easy. I might swish some paint around. I might start brainstorming for the coming year. I might just curl up on the couch and read my book. Tomorrow I will start tackling all the stuff holding me down. 


No comments: